Monday 22 December 2014

My every day make up routine


My every day make up routine 


1. Firstly, I moisturise with the Lush 'enzimion' facial moisturiser. I always find that moisturising really helps my skin and makes it easier to apply foundation, so this step is really important. I really like this moisturiser as it's light and makes my skin feel really clean and smooth before applying my foundation.
2. Then I will add my 'soap and glory under eye concealer' I really like this as it hides my dark circles under my eyes really well and also any blemishes. There are a lot better concealers out there but I like this as it is quite cheap and it does the job.
3. Then I use the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in the shade of "true nude" I love this foundation, I think it does the job and does not irritate my skin. It's also got a really good price tag which I love as I get through my foundation quite quickly! I use a blending blush to blend all of this together, spending time on my jaw line and under the eyes. 
4. I like to keep my make up quite basic, so I then just add a bit of powder. I use the Stay Matte powder from Rimmel. This is perfect just to set the foundation to make it stay on longer and give it that finishing look.
5. It's then time for the bronzer/blusher. I sometimes will miss out this part depending on my plans for the day or the level of eye shadow I plan to use. But I always think that a bit of bronzer finishes the look! I use the benefit bronzer and I think it is amazing. Sometimes I will use blusher instead, for day time I will use quite a light blusher just to add a bit of colour to my face. 
6. I then will add some Urban Decay eye-shadow primer onto my eyelids. I like this as it makes my eye-shadow last longer and it makes them stand out more.
7. Then using my two Urban Decay palettes that are my favourite, I will use the half baked colour and blend it with a light colour from the Urban Decay 3. I love these palettes as it is quite easy to blend different colours and there are so many to choose from. I am also really liking the pink colours in the Urban Decay 3 palette and I think these are great for day time looks.
7. Lastly, I will use the Benefit long lashes mascara. I usually spend a few minutes making my lashes look really long and effective. I absolutely love this mascara!
8. I will then add a bit of eye-liner. I use basic black eye-liner from No7. This is brilliant eye-liner and really makes my eyes stand out, I am also able to wear it for a long period of time without it fading!
9. I will finish with a bit of red lipstick. I really like red at the minute and I feel that it really suites this time of year. I use Benefit as I really like their selection of lipsticks and the design. 
10. Finally, using the Rimmel Eyebrow brush I like to just brush them and add a little pencil to fill them in to make them look more bold. I like to keep quite a basic thin shape to keep them looking quite natural.

This is my basic every day make up routine, that I often do in a rush so I like to keep it quite simple. I hope you like it! <3

Amiey Laureen x 



2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, love your makeup choices, especially the Naked Palettes!

    A bit late on the bandwagon I know, but just received my January's Birchbox! Take a look at what was inside. Lovely blog, followed!

    http://itslolll.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment :) it means a lot x x

      Delete