Tuesday 20 May 2014

My Summer Make Up Routine

-
The summer is nearly here so I thought it was time that I decided to create a nice summery, glowing look for those long summer days that are coming up. I really like this make-up look, I've also used cheaper high-street make up products which are more affordable which I love.  Please let me know what you think of it, I am not a professional make-up artist so some of the steps might be not the "correct" way to do it but this is how I like to do it and thought I'd share it with others. :)

1. The first step I always do is make sure my face is clean, I use a face wash from lush followed by cleansing and then moisturising. I always do this to minimize the risk of spots and it also makes make up look a lot better on my face.

2. Firstly, I will use the "soap and glory" under eye concealer. I always get dark circles under my eyes due to having an extremely unhealthy sleeping pattern so this is perfect. I just dab a little under my eyes and then blend it in with a flat concealer ecotools make up brush.


3. Foundation time! I use the Rimmel foundation match perfection foundation in the shade "soft beige" which is below £10 in boots/superdrug which I think is a really good price as this foundation is brilliant. Firstly, I will put some on to my face and then using the ecotools precision foundation brush.







Make sure your foundation is blended in and there are no parts where you have missed. At this stage you can also use powder to set your foundation in place, I usually use the no7 set powder which is extremely good.





At this stage, I do my mascara. Some people prefer to do their eyeshadow first but I find it a lot easier as sometimes I can get mascara on my eye-lids which then effects my eyeshadow so I prefer to do the mascara first in-case I make any mistakes.

Also at this stage, using a eyebrow pencil and brush you can style them and colour them in to how you feel comfortable. Be careful not to go to far as it can sometimes clash with the amount of colour on your eyelids.





4. So at this point, I do my mascara. At the minute I am loving the no7 Lash Impact mascara, it's an affordable price and it really makes a difference to your eyelashes. Just take a few minutes to get your eyelashes looking big to give them a big volume effect.





5. At this stage, I use the MUA make up pallette which is my favourite at the minute for bright summery colours. It's also an affordable price.
Using the eye-shadow brush I take the bright blue and blend it across the base of my eye-lid.







6. Then, using the pink eye-shadow I will blend it across the middle of my eye-lid blending the two colours together at the top. A blender brush is perfect at this time to really blend those colours together to finish off the look.





7. Lipgloss! At the minute I am still loving the Tanya Burr lipgloss collection, I think the 'afternoon tea' shade is brilliant for this look as it's bright and summery.


Then you are done! Don't forget to use powder to set it all in place..


The finished look :) (hi shower in the back-ground)


If you are going to attempt this look please tweet me a selfie of your finish look to @amieyxox I would love to see :)

Enjoy,

Amiey Laureen-x



No comments:

Post a Comment