Monday 31 March 2014

My "night out" routine..


A night out is always exciting and I love getting glammed up for it so it was a must to would write a blog post about my routine of getting ready and what products and make up techniques I use. :)


Firstly, which is really important.. is music. I will always put some dance anthems on while I get ready as music always puts me in the party mood! I always use spotify for this which is my absolute favourite at the moment and I am FOREVER using it.

Secondly, I have a long shower. The shampoo and conditioner I use is TRESemme which is my favourite all time favourite! I also use body-shop strawberry body polish which leaves you smelling SO nice. After getting out of the shower I use the soap & glory face mask.. which I am OBSESSED with at the minute, it always leaves your face extremely smooth! I then put some "volume and lift" TRESemme volume mousse in my hair which adds a lot of volume, I'd really recommend this to anybody as it certainly makes a different to your hair! I then use the TRESemme heat tamer spray, then it's time for the hair-dryer! I tip all of my hair up side down and dry it this way as it gives your hair more volume (really hard to explain) and then when it is half dry I'll tip it all back in to place again and get a brush and use the hairdryer with the brush at the same time! Once it is all finished and my hair is fully dry I use some soap and glory body lotion which is my ultimate favourite and smells SO good! Once I finish this I will put on some comfy pyjama's while I do my hair.

Deciding what to do with your hair on a night out can be an extremely hard task so it's always good to prepare what hairstyle you are going to have either the morning of the night out or the night before. A hair style I always have for a night out is extreme curls using the Babyliss curling wand! This can take quite a long time with long hair but it is always worth it. I separate my hair into sections and curl each bit at a time and then spray it with lots and lots of hairspray so it stays in place!

The next step is make up.. I always like to have wild colourful make up for a night out and to be extremely adventurous.

My make up routine:

Step 1: I use the Rimmel London foundation all over my face. Using a make up brush I blend all of the foundation into my face making sure there are no parts I have missed.
Step 2: I then use the MUA make up palette (from superdrug) and then put a pale pink on my eyes using an eye shadow brush and then I will add a bright blue to the top part of my eyes, using a blending brush I blend them both together.
Step 3: I then use the Rimmel London Volume Flash Mascara in black! This is such a good mascara and certainly I'd recommend it.
Step 4: I then use an eyeliner and run it across the bottom part of my eye. Remember never to use a liquid eyeliner on the bottom of your eye and always use a pencil! I always repeat this a couple of times and I will do a tick at the end of my eye just to make my eyes look bigger and to add that finishing effect.
Step 5: Blusher!! I use the MUA blusher from superdrug. I will just use a tiny bit as too much can some times look a bit too much, so getting it right is really important!
Step 6: I use a black eyebrow pencil and just run it through my eyebrows and then use a eyebrow brush to shape them up. It is not always necessary to do this part but having the perfect eyebrow really sets your make up off and can make your face look totally different! But using too much eyebrow pencil can sometimes look wrong and it is really important not to go over-board with this. Just keep your eyebrows simple.. A thin look is always best.
Step 7: LIPSTICK!! At the minute I am in love with pinky red shades which stand out quite a bit. :)

Quite a rushed selfie because I am always rushing and never give myself
enough time (silly me!)

It's time to put your outfit on! My favourite shops for outfits are Quiz, River Island.. and also boohoo.com which involves ordering them a few days before so be prepared! Also Primark or Claires accessories are the best for getting little accessories such as a nice necklace to set your outfit of or getting some cheap tights.

The last step which is my favourite step is taking some SELFIES! If you have your friends over this is the perfect time to be taking some pictures for instagram or twitter etc. :)




Getting ready for a night out can take SUUUUCH a long time.. Always give yourself a few hours to get ready because the worst thing is rushing before a night out!

I hope this helped you with your "night out" routines. Please let me know what your routines are or if you have any advice as I'd love to know some good things. :)


Amiey x 

2 comments:

  1. I love your hair and makeup in the selfie!
    It would be super cool if you could check out my blog :)
    xxx
    www.pink-puffins.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie,
      I shall definitely check your blog out right now :-)
      thank you for reading!!

      xxx

      Delete