Wednesday 5 February 2014

My favourite make up products and techniques.




I love make up and I am obsessed with trying different brands and I am forever trying new techniques. But, One thing I hate about make up products are the price! I know in these days there are a lot of people that struggle to be able to afford 'expensive make up' and all these designer products that all these celebrities seem to use. It doesn't have to be that complicated because I have found some pretty affordable make up products that you can all use and it won't break your bank account! So if you're interested in make up, or you simply just fancy a read.. Check this out. 



Cheap and amazing products that I love! 




Firstly, I'd like to start off with recommending the Rimmel London foundation. I have been using this foundation for such a long time.. I just love it. There are plenty of different shades so you can find your perfect one and also it gives you a good coverage for bad skin and it doesn't start to feel 'heavy' and 'greasy' through out the day. It also is kind to your skin and won't bring you out in spots if you use it every- day like me.. which is what I love about this foundation! It makes your skin look smooth and it does not make you look 'orange' like some foundations do!! It is defenitly a must buy and also.. wait for it.. It's only £7.99. How brilliant? A perfect foundation that keeps your skin looking fresh throughout the day for under a tenner? Yes please!



Yes here is a picture of me with the foundation on! I use the 'nude' shade.



 Another favourite of mine are the MUA make up products which are available from Super drug (and probably every store that sells make up in your local town) but if you are unable to find any then they do have a website that you can order them off! But superdrug forever have a buy one get one free sale for these products so I would recommend that shop for these products!!
I have recently tried the eye-shadow palette and I was so impressed. The colours are strong and they blend really easily. The darker colours are my favourite and I use them on a day to day basis and I will usually blend a few darker colours together. Every colour is strong and even the lighter colours stand out clearly which I love.. The 'blue' is perfect for a nice summer day when you want your make up to stand out! The darker colours are also perfect for a winters day when you want that 'smoky eye look' so this palette has a lot to offer and can be used for many different occasions. The palettes are only £4.00 and have a range of different colours. Personally, I think that these are just as good as the 'naked' pallete at a much affordable price. The eye-liner is also really effective and I prefer this one to the Rimmel London eyeliner and it is a lot more affordable! 





Calling all Nail Varnish lovers!!!..

As a girly girl, I love trying different nail varnishes and I'm forever painting my nails different colours.. So i thought I would share my favourite brand with you!!

It was a certain must that I mention my love for 'Models-Own' Nail varnish!! This is a really popular brand and I've heard a lot of people rave about all the different varnishes so I thought I would give them a go!! With nail varnishes I find that some just don't stay on and easily come off but with this brand I've found that it does last a long time! They also do a good range of different colours which I love so you have a good choice of what to buy (the ones with glitter are on certainly my favourite)






Have you ever dreamed of dark smoky eyes but are too afraid to use liquid eye liner? Well I have just the trick!! 


So for ages and ages, I've practised using liquid eyeliner and I can never get it in a 'straight line' or one eye would be different to the other.. Or i'd just look like a complete freak. So I decided to try something different. Here is a step by step guide on achieving  that perfect eyeliner stroke!! :-)

Things you will need: Black eye shadow, the number 6 No7 Make up brush (or any thin make up brush that will allow you to a straight line)

Step 1: Get your make up brush and add some black eye shadow on to the brush 
Step 2: Close one of your eyes and gently run it across your eye where the eye line is ( just above your eye lashes) 
Step 3: Add some more black eye shadow on to your brush and then add a flick on to the end.
Step 4: Repeat this on the other eye (obviously) and then go over it until it is dark enough!

Then you are DONE!! It's a lot more simple that having liquid eyeliner as that requires a lot of patience(something I don't have) I'm sure this technique will be a lot easier!!

If you are wondering.. Where do I get the black eye shadow from? Where do I get the brush from? Then don't worry. There is a black eye shadow included in the MUA Make up palette but they are also available from different make up stores. I use the No7 Make up brush set which is also available from boots/super drug or any beatties store(They are really worth the price!)




Blending eye shadow..

This is something I always get asked about.. It can be really tricky and it does require a lot to get the right look! First what you need to do is make sure that you have the right brushes.. as some will not do the job correctly. My favourite make up brushes are the No7 brushes.. (they aren't even that expensive for the set - check them out). The second thing you need to remember is picking the right colours.. you need to think about what is going to blend right as some will just create a really weird colour and you don't want that. My favourite colours to blend are dark browns and cream colours. Start off with putting the dark colour just above your eyelashes and then use your blending brush and gently rub the colours together on your eye.. be careful not to use too much of the darker eye shadow as this will take over the lighter colour and then it will just look a little crazy. If you want a summer look a pink and blue really go well together. Start off with putting the blue above your eyelashes and then put the pink just above and mix them together in the middle (this is so hard to explain) But trust me it works and looks great in those summer days.. Or even if you're off out with your friends and need a bright colourful look! Try them out.






What eye-shadow is best for your eye colour?
It is always best to go opposite to what your eye colour is on the colour wheel. If you have blue eyes.. darker colours will make your eyes stand out more such as dark browns/dark green. If you have dark eyes go for something bright like a pale pink. I also think that practising at home in your spare time is always useful.. Practice blending and try different colours. Don't be afraid to try new things! It may end up looking really nice.




I've tried to keep this blog pretty simple and just give you a few idea's.. Please leave me a comment on what you think and what your idea's are I would love to know! 




Twitter : amieyxox 
Instagram: amieyxox






No comments:

Post a Comment