Wednesday 13 August 2014

High Street Make Up Brands Vs Urban Decay/MAC

This has been something that has been on my mind for quite a while. What is the difference between high street products and designer brands such as Urban Decay and MAC? Why is there such a big price range between the both? So I decided to test the different make up brands out to see if there is a major difference and if it is worth forking out the extra money.

 Firstly, I decided to compare these two brands. The first is the MUA Make Up Palette priced at £4.99 and one Urban Decay Palette priced at £37.99.

 MUA have done really well with these two pallettes as there is a wide range of colours to pick from and they do stand out really well. The blue and pinks are my favourites as they are really glittery and perfect for party occasions. They also last a long time which is also a positive as some shadows tend to fade through out the day.

The first thing that I love about the Urban Decay palette is the attractive cover and packaging it comes in. I also really liked that the shadows have names on and it also comes with an Urban Decay shadow brush and comes with some free samples. I thought that these shadows were easier to blend together and sat on the lid better, but I did not find much difference between this and the MUA palete even though they have such a different price range.

If you are on a budget and can't afford Urban Decay products I would say that high street brands are still high quality with a lot more affordable prices that I think a lot of people would much rather pay. But, if you are looking for a professional bold look then more pricey brands are a better advantage.




I have also compared the Rimmel Lash Accelerator and the MAC 3D lash Mascara. MAC is such a popular brand and is used by a lot of professional make up artists but it has a more expensive price tag which is expected from such a well known brand. The Rimmel Mascara has a £8/9 price range while the MAC mascara is £19. 

Both mascara's are really good and I would puchase them again. I did find that you have to use more of the Rimmel mascara to achieve long and bold lashes but only a few strokes are required with the MAC which I really like. The MAC also has a bigger brush and seems to work better with your eyelashes. 

Rimmel is such a cheap brand yet all of it's products are really good and effective so I would certainly recommend this brand to anybody if you are looking for affordable make-up. MAC is a lot more expensive but it has better quality so if you can afford it then it is definitely worth checking some of their products. Although there was also not a lot of difference between these mascara's, I was impressed with both. 


I am a big fan of high street brands and I will continue to mainly use these as they do the trick and will only occasionally use more expensive brands. This is just my opinion on what I have found with these products and I understand that other people may think differently, so i would like to know what other people think and if you can recommend other products that I could try. Please let me know in the comments box. 

Amiey Laureen- x





No comments:

Post a Comment